Night Owl to Morning Person

by - August 14, 2018



Hey everyone,

Today I wanted to elaborate on my post from yesterday, "How Summer Break Recharged Me". 

I made a point to say how I would rather work during the mornings rather than the evening, and I'm sure, to some, this was quite the juxtaposition. Why would I, if I'm not a morning person, prefer working in the mornings and not enjoy sleeping in?

The answer is simple, but long enough to where I wanted to elaborate on why I believe I function better that way.

Short answer is because I value my time in the day. Easy, right?

Long answer is because I cannot stand to not be up and at 'em by a certain time in the morning. A typical morning for me means that I have to be awake by 8, anything later and I feel like I'm missing out on my day or what I could be doing. I may not be your typical "night owl", but I'll be damned if I don't take advantage of every hour I'm given for that day.

It's how I've always been and I don't ever see that changing about me. For class I would rather have the 8am than the 3pm, and the same goes for work. Some days it's hard, like really hard, to wake up but the mornings go by so much faster than the afternoon, in my opinion. Anyone else agree with me here?

Regardless, I'm not saying that by any means do I like being more prone to early morning rising, but I am saying that I feel much more impactful and effective by waking up and starting my day before noon. 

Do you find yourself more productive in the mornings or the evening? Let me know your thoughts down below!

You May Also Like

0 comments