What I've Been Loving Lately

by - August 31, 2018



Skincare, podcasts, lifestyle, oh my!

I wanted to end this series, this month, on a high note and share some of my favorite products, platforms, and little things from this season. I know I've done a couple of these posts before, so if you're not into the hodgepodge that becomes of these kinds of posts, I completely understand. 

Current obsessions: 
  • The Bitch Bible Podcast
    • Seriously, she is hilarious and reminds me of an older sister. If you're looking for a hilarious, confident woman who speaks her mind on anything and everything you need to check this out! I can definitely see myself playing a episode of hers while I get ready in the mornings
  • HeyDay Wireless Earbuds
    • Honestly, I needed a good pair to wear at work and, with a spur of the moment decision while at Target, I grabbed a pink pair of HeyDay earbuds off of the shelf and decided to go for it. They are extremely cheap, but don't let the price throw you off. They work for 8 hours (and trust me I tested this; they held up throughout my entire shift at work) and stay put quite well. I prefer to use these when I need to charge my phone at the same time, and it's so much easier to do so when you have wireless buds. 
  • Keratin Protein Hair Mask
    • After being introduced to the world of hair masks through my friends over at Grace & Stella, I have been on the endless hunt for more nourishing, healthy goodness for my hair. I have noticed a huge difference since using them, but have also began to see a difference in my Hawaii hair versus my Colorado hair. For instance, in Hawaii I used moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and have found it to work wonders in maintaining the moisture level in my hair without making it look greasy. Here, however, I have noticed too much moisture buildup and have been in a rut on how to fix this. Using the Keratin Protein mask has definitely helped combat these excessive oils, plus for $1.25 you get up to four uses! Major win. 
  • Hempz Lotion
    • The holy grail of all lotions, Hempz is a brand I have never been let down by. Currently I am living for their pomegranate scent. Not once have their lotions ever burnt my skin or cause inflammation. For my readers with sensitive skin, I beg you to give them a shot. FYI-- they're $23 at Ulta and $10.99 at Home Goods. You're welcome in advance. 
  • Tazo Matcha Blend
    • As much as I love Starbucks, what I don't love are their prices. For my usual, a grande soy matcha latte, the price is always too expensive for my liking. In all seriousness, it's juts milk and matcha powder, so how is the price equivalent to that of a seasonal drink? It's always baffled me and, as of late, I decided to try and DIY my own matcha latte. I have been loving the Tazo blend and, when paired with soy milk, it's hard to distinguish the two drinks! Definitely going to continue buying while in Hawaii. 
  • Charcoal Cleansing Bar by C&C 
    • The charcoal cleansing bar is exactly what it claims to be: a bar of soup chalk full of charcoal that cleanses and exfoliates. While it's advertised as being extremely foamy, I haven't noticed it come up with foam at all. However, it does seem to do the job in clarifying and cleansing.
What have been your favorites lately? Let me know below what you've been loving or hating.  

You May Also Like

0 comments