How Summer Break Recharged Me

by - August 13, 2018


Hey everyone,

Summer break is almost over for most of us, so I wanted to take the time to reflect on what summer break did for me. 

Summer break is when I am able to kick back and focus on nothing more than my work at hand. I don't take summer classes, so only needing to worry about the work day provides for a much different atmosphere during the school year. 

This summer I had the privilege of working at the senior living facility once again. With a new group of workers, I wasn't sure how I would end up liking it but I feel like, overall, I've fared quite well. I work from 6am to 2pm and am so thankful to have my afternoons off! While I'm not a morning person by any means, I would much rather work in the morning than afternoon. 

My work schedule is a bit frustrating, working Wednesday through Sunday, but it's not too bad when I clock out at 2. It makes for going to the pool, hanging out with friends, and running errands much easier.

Summer break allows me to try out new hobbies, crafts, and even travel to new places. This summer I was fortunate enough to go to Fort Collins, in north Colorado, the city of Boston, and soon Los Angeles! I didn't realize how much traveling I would be doing this summer, but looking back I appreciate the times I could.

Summer break is when I also get to see many of my Coloradan friends, and this helps me put into perspective how cool it is to have friends who are enjoying school and living their best lives. I love catching up with them and hearing about what they get up to, because it makes me realize how fast summer is going and how fortunate I am to have done the things I do.

Going forward, I'm not sure how much "break" there will be in my summers to come, but I hope that, if anything, I can travel more than I did this year and that I have the opportunity to work with more amazing people, in and out of the workplace. 

Now tell me, how has summer break recharged you? 

You May Also Like

0 comments