Guide to Los Angeles

by - August 28, 2018

Hello ladies and gents!

Can you believe a week ago I was in Los Angeles, exploring the City of Angels? Through my instagram, I was able to show you guys what I was doing and take you along with me through the week. For those of you that don't follow me on that platform, this post is for you! So sit back, grab some iced chai, and get ready for my week in Los Angeles. 

On Saturday I arrived in LA with high spirits and an appetite. With myself and my friend, Hailey, studying abroad this year, I wanted to go say goodbye before we both left for our separate terms. I flew in on Saturday and, once landing, was soon picked up and began the week in SoCal. Our first stop was Mendicino's, where I got a caprese sandwich that had red peppers instead of tomatoes. It wasn't bad, but I was surprised. After Mendicino's we went to Pressed Juice, where I tried my first juice. I went with the "Citrus 3", which was quite tart at first. Colorado doesn't have many places like this, at least not where I live, so being around all of these vegan and health-conscious food options was a bit overwhelming. I can see why people are drawn to LA, though. 

After Mendicino's we enjoyed the rest of the day at The Getty Museum and got Chick-fil-A for dinner. We also made a quick stop at Sip, a matcha store near the UCLA campus. It is definitely aesthetically pleasing and the matcha was top-notch. I would go back in a heartbeat. 


On Sunday we went to Manhattan Beach, Daiso, and got Korean barbecue with some of Hailey's friends from high school. Out of all of my days in California, this was our most relaxed day. We ended it with a nice drink at 85 degrees, and took some goodies home to eat while watching a movie.


On Monday we woke up bright and early to drive to the Hollywood sign. Hailey had never been, so this would be a first for both of us. After driving up narrow and windy roads, we soon came face to face with lots of pedestrians and we knew we had arrived. The sign itself can be seen clearly from many locations, but we chose to go to Lake Hollywood park and take pictures from there. 




After the Hollywood sign we drove to Koreatown and had lunch and browsed around. Koreatown is huge and, if you've ever been to the Chinatown in San Fransisco, consider Koreatown to be three times as large. Seriously, I couldn't believe it. 

That evening we went back and enjoyed dinner at home and with Haileys mom and the neighbor's. After the fact, we went to the pier and got some ice cream sandwiches. 

With Tuesday being my last day in Los Angeles, we spent the day in Abbot Kinney, looking at shops and eating breakfast at Urth, to playing at the Santa Monica pier. We walked around the town and bought a ticket for the ferris wheel. All in all I would say it was a very relaxing, albeit slow, day. 






Los Angeles is nothing like Denver, and is especially different compared to San Fransisco. I can see why people are drawn to living here; the healthy environment and beautiful scenery, but I cannot justify the housing market for those amenities. LA seems to me to be the type of place where, if you don't fit their mold, you aren't made to feel welcome. But that's just my two cents. 

Have you been to Los Angeles before? Let me know what you saw and what you recommend!

You May Also Like

0 comments