Sunday Funday

by - January 25, 2017

Hey guys!

Today has been quite a day! 


Before I get too far into this post, I want to start by saying I hope everyone is handling the transition to spring semester very well. I hope it has been smooth for everyone and that over the next few weeks our teachers give us a little break!


Anyways, let's get into the post. 


Today I woke up very early to go to Hanauma Bay with Eric. We ended up leaving around 7:30 and stayed until noon. While the weather has been pretty awful this weekend, it seemed that today was our lucky day- as there was absolutely no rain! Sure, it was still very windy (there's a big wind front here) but the good news was that there was no rain. While at Hanauma we both snorkeled and I was able to swim a lot better this time. Thankfully the tide was higher (albeit not by much) which made the difference when swimming over the reefs. Compared to last time, I would say I even saw a few new species of fish. One of which was even an eel. Here are some more pictures of the Bay, although I don't have any from inside the water. I'm working on that!


The water in the morning
Notice how windy it was
View from up top

After Hanauma we went back to campus where I would then meet up with the other girls and get ready to leave for the Lanikai Pillboxes. 


The Lanikai Pillboxes, obviously located right next to the Lanikai beach, is a hike that's known for it's views of Chinaman's Hat and Rabbit Island. The pillboxes, little bunkers that are now abandoned and adorned with graffiti, have amazing views of the edge of the island. On the day that we all went, with the exception of Jade, the pillboxes weren't too crowded and we were privileged enough to see the pretty incredible views. Here are some photos I took for you all: 


Showing off the Colorado flag
Part of the trail
The view from the first pillbox
The path you walk to get to the boxes
The fog on the mountains 
The view from the second box

This hike, compared to the other pillbox hike, is much easier. It is very steep in the beginning but once you make it up that first hill the rest of the hike is very relaxing. The wind makes it a little hard to keep your footing, but not impossible by any means. Also, the beach is only a 5 minute walk from the base of the trail, so consider wearing your bathing suit on this hike so that when you're done you can go swimming! 


Besides these things, I spent the rest of my afternoon running around Manoa. Because this post is being published at a much later date than preferred, I will try and post another one soon which describes my week thus far. 
Until next time,


Aislinn 

You May Also Like

0 comments