Day Two

by - January 11, 2017

Hey everyone,

Today is one of those days! 


I woke up early, again, and decided to use this time to shower and get an early start on my day. I had my tea and was able to relax since I spent much of the night before finishing up my Chinese homework. The homework was surprisingly easy, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. With 50 new words I know I'm going to spend a lot of my time tonight working on character sheets upon character sheets. I'll attach a picture later so that you can see the kind of work I have to do for this class alone. 


Then was Chinese class. 


My Chinese class honestly stresses me out so much and I've considered switching to a different time just to try and calm down my nerves. However, I checked today and the class I would switch into has been removed, probably due to how few students are in the class. The fact that I would switch classes should tell you how worried I am about this semester. Additionally, my teacher was true to her word and only spoke in Chinese. She even asked me a few questions and I didn't understand most of what she was saying. I know that my listening comprehension is my weakest area, but in my defense she was also using a lot of the new vocabulary that we got yesterday


When the class finally ended I had to rush to the other side of campus in a record time. My calves were burning but I kept going. Then, after going to the wrong hall three times I finally found the classroom and went inside the room the exact minute it started. And, of course, the professor had already begun teaching by the time I walked in. He wasn't rude but he wasn't pleased that I was "late". I'm just glad I only have this class twice a week. 


Finally I had a break! I have, conveniently, a break from 11:45 to 1:30, and then I'm off to Math 100. I don't have much of an opinion on this class, just that I'm taking it to get the credit. I am glad, however, that I at least know someone in this class. As excited as I was a week ago to be in classes with people I don't know, I forgot that people sometimes pick classes based on their friends, and so they're gonna be more of a clique than a welcoming group. 


Update: Math 100, if I were to not go to a class , would be that class. The professor announced that attendance was not mandatory, and that we would be "okay if we didn't go" He showed us how all of his materials are online, and only asked that we get the access code as soon as possible so that we could begin our homework assignments, which are also online. So far everyone I have talked to about that class has told me there's no point in going, and for now I think I will go to a few lectures before deciding. 


After class I went to the beach with Shannon and later had dinner at the cafe. And then after that we then went back to my room to work on homework. I had about 15 minutes in doing my work where I was able to leave and finally swap christmas gifts with the girls, but I had to hurry back to Lokelani so I could finish working on my Chinese. As it is I'm not done with it yet, but I'm going to try and finish it tonight and Thursday night. The only problem is that I have 5:30 am shifts now at work, which means I'm waking up at 4 and going to bed around 10, so when you think about it 4 hours isn't giving me a lot of time to work on my Chinese class. My second, and last, 5:30 shift is tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping that after that I can come back, nap, and then work on my homework to prepare for my first vocab test. 


I'm going to end this post here, but as promised here is a picture of the work I have to do (only 10/50 of what I need to get done) for Chinese class. 





Until next time,


Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments