Exhausted

by - January 25, 2017


Hey everyone,


I am completely mentally and physically exhausted. This week has been a very busy one, with me working almost daily. I have spent the past few days trying to work on some homework, while also, as of late, dealing with a pretty big issue within the friends group. 

But- not all is bad! I have some exciting news, as well. As of last week, I will be getting a new roommate. My roommate last semester was good, but because of her distaste towards Manoa she ended up not returning for this semester. While I have greatly enjoyed the room to myself, I'm a little excited (also apprehensive) towards getting a roommate. I think it's going to take some adjusting, but I'm hoping that this will be turn out to be a good thing. It definitely feels weird that I'll have someone else living with me in the room, but that's the least of my worries right now. My biggest hope is that we will get along. 

Now, for those wondering about class, they have been, for the most part, manageable. The workload isn't too heavy, but with the hours I work seeming to increase more and more each week, it has been pretty difficult trying to study and get an adequate amount of sleep. I just keep reminding myself that it's tough now, but that I have three days off soon that will feel very nice. 

My plans for the rest of the week are pretty routine. I have class, go back to my room to clean, maybe nap (Only if I'm confident I'll be able to wake up), get dinner, go to work, and then come back to do homework. Actually typing that has made me tired, so you can imagine what living it must feel like. I shouldn't complain too much, though, because the longer I work the more people I meet, and so far everyone has been very nice to me. I especially like how everyone at my job is a student, so right away everyone has something in common. Another bonus is that while my major might not be anything like theirs, I've found that it's still nice to meet people from different fields. 

You should also know that the weather has greatly improved this week! No longer windy and depressing, the sun is back out and the grass looks greener. I may still be in jeans (it's 74 outside) but there are many students who have put away their coats and taken out their tank tops. I'll admit that I do still wear my Hawaii jacket, but now that the weather is better I probably won't be reaching for it for much longer.

I'm going to class soon, but I do want to mention what the rest of my week looks like. With this Saturday being Chinese New Year, the girls and I will head to Ala Moana to watch some performances. Unfortunately, due to a confusion on one of the girls' part, we missed the huge festival in Chinatown. I believe that they won't be doing anything on the actual Chinese New Year, so it looks like I will have to wait another year before seeing the lion dances and street vendors. I'm actually pretty upset about it, but it's nothing to be mad at the others about. For long, anyways. 

Besides that, I'm spending the rest of my day doing homework and working. I'll keep you guys updated on any other happenings around campus! Until then, enjoy this photo of what campus has been looking like lately..isn't is nice?



Until next time,

Aislinn 

You May Also Like

0 comments