Quintessential Colorado

by - January 05, 2017

Hey everyone!

My trip home has, unfortunately, come to a close. 


The past few days I had slowly been coming to terms with the fact that I enjoyed being in Colorado. For years I had disliked living in Colorado but, over the past two weeks I had begun to enjoy being back and in the crisp air. Of course this all came to an abrupt halt this morning, when I woke up to a thin blanket of snow and the temperature being well below what I was used to (this morning is was 4 outside).


Given that today was one of my last days on the mainland, I was determined to get the rest of my "housekeeping" chores done. This included getting the rest of my shots, getting my hair cut, and doing last minute shopping at Kohls. However, in the midst of all of these self proclaimed "necessities", I was told the shocking reality that there was a high chance my flight the next day would be canceled. 


With just my luck, I knew that the only plausible reason was the possible threat of snow. You would think that a place like Denver, who is used to (and accustomed to) the snow, would have a better plan of action when it comes to heavy snowfall. This is not the case. Instead, airlines like Frontier decided that, due to the threat of snow, the best decision would be to cancel all flights. Thankfully my dad and I's flights were not through Frontier, however this did not prevent us from worrying about our flight on Southwest. We tried waiting it out, but once Southwest announced they would more than likely be canceling our flight, it was decided that our best move would be to change our flight before the airlines did. 


And so, unfortunately much earlier than I would have liked, we are now situated at the airport. I have had my fill of Chick Fil A and am getting my sudoko book out as we speak. While the reality of spending a day in San Francisco, a city I love, is very appealing, the sad part about it is that it means I'm home for less time than expected. However I really can't say expected, any Denver native (or really, local) knows that a trip to Colorado wouldn't be complete without a snowstorm completely changing your plans. 


I'll leave you all with one last picture from my trip back home. It's from Boulder and is one of my favorites. Even though the weather was gloomy, and Shannon and I were absolutely freezing, I still think of that as one of my best days home. 



For those of you still enjoying your winter breaks, have fun and enjoy these last few days! As much as I hate typing it, rest up as much as you can before the hustle and bustle of another semester.


Until next time,

Aislinn 

Update: We made it to San Francisco! Now we will get some sleep and later on spend the day in the city as tourists. 

You May Also Like

0 comments