Tailgating and Celebrating

by - October 06, 2016

Hey guys!

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! I have done so much in the past few days that I just had to log on and post. 

Firstly, my long week of tests came to a close on Friday. To celebrate, the girls and I went downtown for some boba and then and visited a place called Don Quijote. If you've ever been to an H-Mart, picture that store but combined with a Walmart. I think if you're looking for cheap tourist-y things then Don Quijote is your best bet, but if you're looking for groceries then maybe Walmart is a better option. 

After arriving on campus we parted ways and went to bed. The plan was for us to wake up and then tackle Koko Head, given that the girls now want to try their hands at hiking it. Naturally those plans fell through and instead of doing the incline we found ourselves on a 90 minute bus ride headed to Costco. Costco was fun, but too crowded for me to really enjoy myself. We left after probably an hour and spent the long bus ride back trying to come up with a game plan for the rest of the day. Two of the girls wanted to stay home and do homework and laundry, but myself and two others wanted to attend the tailgate and football game. For the majority of the semester our group has done everything hand in hand, so for us to disagree on something was pretty weird. Eventually we decided to split up, and I'm glad we did. Unfortunately the bus took too long getting to the game so we missed the tailgate, but we were able to score some good seats and enjoy 2 quarters and a bit of halftime.

Here's what the view looked like from my seat:



As you can see I was pretty close, but you can also tell that not too many people actually go to the game. I won't go into why.

After the game we went home and ended our night early. I finished up some homework and got ready to do laundry for the next day. 

All in all my weekend was pretty uneventful. And Monday, too. Tuesday was my birthday, so it was fun being able to go out to dinner with the girls and go off campus. The city is so accessible from Manoa that there is no excuse not to take advantage of DaBus. No seriously, it runs all day and picks you up from right outside the dorms! This is how the girls and I got to dinner, via DaBus. We rode to Walmart and then walked to a little "Chinese-Korean" restaurant called On Dong. The food was OK, but I wouldn't recommend going there. For a small shop that's not even in Waikiki their prices were insane. I ordered the seaweed soup and had to pay almost $10! One of the girls ordered sweet and sour chicken and had to pay over $20. Also, there is nothing Chinese about the restaurant other than the menu and nothing Korean about the seaweed soup. Not sure how I am supposed to get good luck when eating non-Korean seaweed soup, but we'll see what happens. Maybe my weekend will be good. 

After that we went to Safeway and grabbed some cupcakes. By now the time is 9 and we're all pretty drained. It's still a Tuesday and, while we wanted to celebrate, we began to get tired and just wanted to do our homework. Because of this we weren't at Safeway long, and instead returned to the dorms in probably an hour- max. 

Once at the dorms the girls sang 'Happy Birthday' to me and refused to eat until I had the first bite. I'm noticing that my friends are all very big on traditions. 

And that, in a nutshell, was my week. As it is I'm exhausted and am typing this after having written a 9 page bibliography, so needless to say I'm sure this will contain some spelling and grammar errors. But, like always, I hope you are enjoying my posts and have a great rest of your week. As an added bonus, here's what the outside of the Aloha Stadium looks like: 



OH- and did I mention that the UH Band plays the Hawaii Five-O theme song every game? How cool is that? 


Until next time,

Aislinn 

You May Also Like

0 comments