Tailgating, Over-Priced Coffee, and Downtown Honolulu

by - September 04, 2017

Hey guys!

This weekend has been great. It's been so nice sleeping in and I'm nearly addicted to the refreshing feeling that comes from getting enough sleep. Believe it or not, this semester I'm trying to keep to a tight sleep-wake schedule, and waking up after seven feels so good!

This weekend consisted of, as the title suggests, tailgating the WCU v. UH game, taking a trip to ARVO, and wandering Kaka'ao Street in downtown Honolulu. 

Since Saturday was the tailgate, lets start with that.

While Tammy had to go to work, Bella and I met up with some other people for a ride to the tailgate. I invited one of my other friends, Lara, to join us- since she transferred here and hasn't done much since arriving. 

We got to the Aloha Stadium at around 1:30, and didn't leave until close to 6. Surprisingly, this was our first tailgate since attending UH. The girls and I attempted to go to one last year, but it ended up getting shut down within minutes of our arrival. This was a big reason we decided to go with other people to the tailgate- because we wouldn't have to depend on TheBus getting us to the stadium. 

The tailgate was pretty low-key in the beginning, but once the lot starting filling up is when it got more energetic. Those around us brought speakers, grills, and tv's, and were kind enough to share what they had with us. I didn't take many pictures of the tailgate, but I was able to get one of Bella and I before the game. 


We weren't able to stay for the game since we all wanted to return to campus, but overall it was a lot of fun being able to hang out with Lara and Bella together. It's also good news to learn that UH still won, which now puts us at 2-0 presently. I probably won't go to the next tailgate, but I really hope to go to the CSU v. Hawaii game two weeks from now. 

The next day Tammy, Bella and I all decided we would go to Kaka'ao Street. This street is best known for it's street art, and I have been trying for so long to go get a picture with the really cute wall that has little "monsters" on it. Here is one that I think you might like:

In Kaka'ao
Myself, Tammy, and Bella

We were also fortunate enough to be in a great part of town that was also close to the coffee shop, ARVO, which I had also been wanting to go to for some time. The have a delicious lavender iced chai that, while very overpriced, is hard to find anywhere else. What I like about ARVO is the atmosphere of the entire shop. There are cute seats outside, with plenty of shade for those who choose to sit, and inside is a quaint plant shop. Interestingly enough, I have yet to see the letter board that seems to make several appearance online, but I don't go here for the "aesthetic". Their coffee is actually really good, and if you're comfortable spending upwards of $7 on a large, then this might be a place you check out. I won't go here for a while, so because of this I got the large and treated myself. I probably should have asked for light ice, though, because coffee shops usually give you more ice to balance out the lack of actual drink. 

We arrived home shortly after getting our coffee fix, and have since spent time relaxing, cleaning, and attending our first UH Volleyball game! This weekend has been a lot of fun, and I'm grateful everyday to be with my best friends. Tomorrow, while Labor Day, we're thinking will be a lazy beach day. I don't have as much homework as I thought I would, so Bella and I are going to take the bus down to Sandy's and just spend the day laying out. 

As always, I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Remember to take full advantage of every opportunity that comes your way; this will make all the difference in your college experience. 


Until next time,

Aislinn 

You May Also Like

0 comments