"Congrats! You've all made it to week eight."

by - October 14, 2016

Hey guys!

I feel like all of my posts have that similar beginning of, "Can you all believe we've made it this far?", and this one is going to be just like it. Remember five weeks ago when I wrote about how crazy it was that I've made it to week three? Now look at me! It's week eight! The semester is almost halfway over and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I wanted to share with you guys another recap of my week thus far, and I hope you'll enjoy..

Firstly, this was my week of rest. I know that I've often written about how my past few have been ones of a slower pace, but this was truly a slow week. Compared to my last, where I was struggling with 5 quizzes and a test, a slow week is what I needed. 

On Monday I had a job interview with a place inside the local mall. I won't share too much detail, but I urge students to apply for jobs early and apply for them fast. I've found that too many places are telling me 'no', and this is making me increasingly stressed for the coming semester. I should also define stressed as being worried, and not in a frantic way but more of a "Well crap, what am I going to do?" kind of way. I guess it's complicated. I wish I didn't have to work, but I also want money now, so that puts me in the awkward position of having to do something I don't want to do- work. 

This past Tuesday was another Korean Club meeting. Ive found that my friends are no longer interested in becoming members, and it's too late to back out myself, so I've been stuck with attending by myself. This isn't a problem, except it's worth noting that I still have anxiety, so when I'm put in situations where I've got to do these kinds of things alone I get very stressed out. Since being in college I've been a lot more outgoing, but I've found that this problem, this anxiety, hasn't necessarily been lessening. Nonetheless, the Korean Club meeting was good. This time there were a lot more Koreans and we also got to see our shirts! This year they're going to be maroon and have the Hanwoori symbol on the front. I'll have to show you a picture when I've received it. I promise that this time I will actually submit a photo! I still remember telling you guys that I will show you my "Hawaiian Jesus Sandals" and not having posted anything since! I also remember telling you that I will show you a picture of my food at the cafeteria. Just like the sandals, the picture is on it's way. 

On Wednesday I spent some time with my friends and did more "adult" things, like mail a package. For those interested, shipping from Hawaii to Georgia is $16. That's priority rate (I didn't ask so I guess its automatic), and apparently you don't put stamps on your packages. 

It's currently Thursday and I enjoyed my one class of the day. Afterwords my new friend and I went and spent a few hours at Waikiki- and I'm glad we did because I've been wanting to go to the beach for the longest time this week. 

So yeah, that's been my week! I hope you're all having as much of a relaxing one as I am. 

Until next time,
Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments