Happy Labor Day!

by - September 05, 2016

Hey everyone,


Can you believe it's already Sunday night? It feels so weird typing this, because I can rest easy knowing I don't have school tomorrow! That, and it's also weird because I'm going to be heading out in a few to go meet up with my friends. I think that's what's special about college: the freedom. It's a very cliche thing to touch on, but the freedom you get in college is a much more different kind of freedom than that you would get in high school. In high school, I didn't have a curfew, but it was expected that I don't really leave the house after 10. And really, why would you? However in college, there is no curfew and no one to tell you "Hey don't forget you have an 8:30 am class tomorrow! You should probably be getting ready for bed by 10." And because of this I can say that I've found myself with friends at midnight and suddenly remembering that I have a roommate who's probably wondering where I am, if she was still awake, (fun fact: I've noticed that my roomie typically won't fall asleep until I've come home) even if it's one am and I've just gotten back. 

But that's not why I made this post. 

Did you notice anything different? Yes, I finally changed my theme. After 60 grueling minutes of struggling to essentially rebuild my blog, I pressed a few buttons and was able to make it look somewhat attractive. Please let me know what you think! Do you like it or should I have stuck with the previous template?

Moving on, I wanted to share some pictures I've taken since arriving to the island. Shockingly, it's been almost a full month since I arrived! The school year is going by so quickly, that I'm excited to see what happens the rest of the semester. Anyways, here's some pictures. 

Yes, this was taken on Waikiki. And yes, that is Diamond Head in the background.

Hanauma Bay

A little bit past Hanauma Bay is this area of rough waters and dark rock. Very cool but dangerous so don't cliff jump.

At the very front of campus you will find a long wall where the front of the university is proudly displayed,

Extremely common plant around campus. Besides finding it at UH you'll also see it on many leis. 

The road to Cromwell's Beach

Cromwell's Beach. Pro tip: this isn't the beach for swimmers.

I might not have this view from my dorm, but a good amount of students do. Look at how pretty the sunset is!

To the right is Lokelani and to the left- Lehua. The sky was a pretty pink this evening. 

The pretty palms you'll find on campus.

Planning on hiking Diamond Head? This is your view.

Where you can eat something called a "Malasada". Don't ask, just try it. 


Hope that makes up for my lack of pictures in my posts! I don't have much else to share, so I would like to leave with this..

Two days ago I found out that my dog had died. Obviously this wasn't something I thought would happen, and there's a lot of self guilt surrounding the event. I didn't think it was possible, but the past few days have been nothing short of painful. It feels weird knowing that I'm not going to see her again, but I know that dwelling on it won't change what happened. With that, I hope you hug your pets a little tighter tonight and enjoy the holiday weekend.

Until next time,

Aislinn





You May Also Like

0 comments