Mele Kalikimaka

by - December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying what is a relaxing and joyous holiday season. As for myself, today I was woken up very early to start my day by opening presents. In the living room stood a large tree which, for the first time, stood unadorned by ornaments. I like the tree without ornaments, because I think the snow and berries are enough, but I understand why my mom likes the ornaments, as they make the tree look full. But, at least for this year, it was decided to leave the tree bare. 


As we all gathered in the living room, we began by looking at our stockings, and then moved on to open our presents under the tree. While it looks like some of the branches are misshapen and at odd heights, it's worth mentioning that there are actually red envelopes within the tree branches. These are typically from my uncle, aunt, grandparents, and parents. 

I won't bore you with going into what each gift everyone got was, but I will share a few of the things I received. I was lucky enough to get a celtic coloring book (I planed on coloring on my flights home, but naturally I left all the pens in my dorm room), a Keurig brewer for my dorm, a carry on to match my luggage, and of course clothes and jewelry. All in all it was a very nice Christmas. As much as I want to go out and buy some new clothes, I'm conflicted as to buying stuff here, in Colorado, or in Hawaii. 

For breakfast mom mad her egg strada and cinnamon muffins. Because we have a big Christmas Eve dinner, there's never a big Christmas day meal. To simplify things even more, this year my parents decided to cook breakfast food for dinner. Again, it was a very nice Christmas. 

Tomorrow mom and I will go out for coffee and, while she works, I will be shopping and picking up Christmas gifts for my friends. On Tuesday I plan on taking the light rail into Denver and buying gifts for everyone else. Denver has more interesting, hipster, and unique-to-Colorado shops, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can find. 

And so, from mine to yours, a very merry Christmas. 

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments