The Waiting Game

by - November 07, 2016

Hey guys!

So now that you've applied to your colleges and have gone through the interview process you might find yourself thinking, "Now what?"  well, as appealing as kicking up your feet and relaxing sounds, you can't take a break just yet. Rather, it's time to polish your remaining applications and get ready for decisions. 

If you're anything like me, you went through the infamous "relaxation" phase of senior year. This was when I wanted nothing more than to just relax. Motivating myself to finish my applications and do well on my school assignments was like trying to wake my brother up for school...NOT going to happen. Ultimately, it took a lot of pushing, but I was able to scrounge up that little bit of motivation left in me to finish the semester pretty strong.

But we can't get too ahead of ourselves. 

After your interview(s), you're going to want to take a break. You're going to want to relax, stop thinking about schools, and just sleep. However that cannot, and should not, happen. I used this time to focus on my school work and submitted the rest of my applications. Any schools that I was uncertain about were looked into a little more closely, and occasionally I would check on the status of my Cornell application. I italicize Cornell because its important to remember that I only applied to one school early. The rest of my schools were applied to in late November, with the exceptions being CU Boulder and UH Manoa. 

I don't have much else to add here besides the repetitive "Don't give up!" My next College Post will be about the decision and how you should handle the news. You won't want to miss it.


Until next time,

Aislinn 

You May Also Like

0 comments