Counting Down

by - November 02, 2016

Hey guys!

Agh, I can't believe how much I've been slacking on this blog! I'm not going to make excuses, but I will share that school has been very busy lately and, as such, I am left spending all of my free time either napping or socializing. It's funny, all of my friends talk about how "jealous" they are at how I "fall asleep nearly anywhere", but in reality I'm very busy and usually can only nap on dabus (which is gross and I'm not sure why it puts me to sleep) or at the beach (where I usually don't know I'm sleeping until I wake up).  

Moving on. 

It has gotten to the point in the year where, for you seniors, you will be submitting your applications and moving forward in your college admissions process! I've been wanting to talk about this for a while now, so for the next few weeks all of my updates will be about navigating the admissions process, interviews, and what to do once you've received notice of your decision. As always I would like to preface all of this by saying I am not an expert on any of the things I talk about nor will I claim to be. I have experience with 9 colleges and universities and will use my experiences to simply guide you. 

To start, I will skip the college selection part of this whole ordeal. By now, if you haven't already, you should have a narrow list of schools you're applying to. My biggest piece of advice is to apply to at least three. Out of these three, one should be a "reach school" (i.e.: that school that is a little over your qualifications), an "ideal school" (i.e.: one that matches up with your statistics), and a "safe school" (i.e.: one that is a shoe-in for you to get into). It's always good to apply to a few schools just in case you don't get into one. And, chances are, you won't get into them all (conditions apply, of course). For the sake of my readers I will save the schools I applied to, as well as their relation to me, in my next post. 


I know this was a shorter post but I did want to give y'all something to read as well as look forward to! I hope you're excited for the next couple of weeks - I know I am!

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments