Eyelash Extensions: A Review

by - July 17, 2018

Hey everyone!

If you follow me on instagram than you would have seen what I got up to this past week. In my latest endeavor I was fortunate enough to try eyelash extensions, and I am so glad to have done so!

I've never considered myself to be one of those girls who spends her money on things like permanent makeup, waxing services (besides eyebrow!), or even eyelashes. But I have to say, after my appointment I can definitely see why people pay for their lashes. 

The Appointment

The appointment itself was two hours long and consisted of me laying down in a "lash bed" with my eyes closed while the lash artist glued on the lashes. To prep the eyes they put on an under-eye mask which was full of good, healthy nutrients for the skin. As my lash artist said, "You're going to come out of this with new lashes and an eye lift!" and, needless to say, it was such a refreshing feeling having such a full mask on under my eyes. During the procedure on each real eyelash two fake ones will be glued on, and the "life span" of fake lashes is anywhere from two to four weeks. While it takes a long time I would do it again for the results. 

Eyelashes after the visit
Post Appointment 

Once getting them done there are a number of things you have to be cautious about going forward. For starters, you cannot get your lashes wet for 24 hours. Due to the glue still taking to the real lash, its even advised to go as long as 48 hours before getting them wet. You cannot pick at the lashes, scratch at your eyes, and in some cases you can't even wear contacts (I was originally told this and at the studio I went to they informed me that with their glue that it's perfectly fine). 

Overall Thoughts

While I enjoyed the experience I can see why people are turned off by the process. For starters, fake lashes are not cheap. It's very hard to justify the price when the lashes aren't permanent and have the potential to fall off before the month is done. However, I can also see why women love this so much. For two hours you have a hype-man boosting your confidence and telling you how good you're going to look. It's a good feeling but, once again, for the price of a full set I can't justify paying for them myself. The only time I would really invest in this process would be for a wedding or special occasion. Other than that, I wouldn't go for just a weekend touch up. 

Have you ever gotten eyelash extensions? Let me know below if you have and, if not, whats holding you back! 


You May Also Like

0 comments