Am I Happy?

by - February 23, 2018

Hey everyone,

It's Wednesday and I had an epiphany today that made me take a step back and realize I haven't yet told you guys how I'm doing. Am I happy? Is my new living situation any better? Am I still as active as I was a few weeks ago? In this post I want to answer those questions, and more. 

Lets start with the one I'm sure most of you are curious about: 

Am I happy?


In short, yes. In full, the happiest I have been in a long time. I've settled into my routine now and have found that the more comfortable I become to those around me, the easier I open up. I really believe this has a lot to do with saying "yes", as I have been putting myself more and more out of my comfort zone and, as a result, and finding that my days are spent with more smiles and laughter. During the week I spend most of my time independent and doing my own thing, and once the weekend comes you will find me out and about with my friends. 

Is my new living situation any better?


I won't even bother with a short answer because that wouldn't be doing any justice to the girls I am living with. Yes, a million times yes, my new living situation is better. I get along so much better with these girls than I did last semester with the others that I can see the positive impact it's having on my attitude and my schoolwork. I think one of the best things that comes with this new living situation is that they give me my space but still include me. I have not once regret my decision to leave that situation last year, and each day I am reminded of what a rewarding decision it was. I have movie nights with these girls (Last night: Mama Mia!), go out to eat with these girls (or, more frequently, BiteSquad), and have fun with them whether its in Waikiki or Target. I really wish I had been with them from the start, because I can see how much better of a semester I'm having already. 

Am I still as active as I was a few weeks ago?


Of course! I have been very diligent in my time at the gym, even though I don't go to yoga anymore. Unfortunately the REI yoga class was discontinued and there aren't as many classes that I'm interested in going to anymore. However, I've used this as motivation to do more at the gym. I'm really proud of how much I'm able to lift, as I'm now up to 110 pounds! I typically go for 45 minutes every MWF, so I'm curious to see how different I look at the end of the semester. 


Short and sweet was this post, and I hope it gives you more of an idea as to how I've been and how I'm doing. I hope everyone else is doing as well as I am!

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments