Future Plans

by - February 03, 2018

Hey everyone,

Today's post is going to be the first of it's kind on this blog. Typically when I have a plan for my future semester I include the classes I will be taking and thats it. However, in this post I really want to emphasize the options I have for the next semester. 


Instead of studying at UH, I've decided that for the fall semester I'm going to be studying abroad. I have applied to both Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea. At UH, there are two ways students can study abroad: MIX and Study Abroad. The difference is rather exponential, as MIX allows students to build their own schedule and live independently for the semester, while Study Abroad seems to keep students in a set schedule and don't allow them as much freedom. However, there is an evident difference in the monetary costs to go abroad, as well. MIX is costly and Study Abroad is on the more affordable side. 


Furthermore, I have been very diligent in planning out the next few semesters at Manoa, and have found that instead of graduating in the spring of 2020 that I can graduate in the fall of 2019. All things considered, I believe graduating sooner will be better for me not just financially but also socially. As I've said in previous posts, Manoa is not the school for those who want an active student body. By limiting myself to only two semesters I feel less guilty for picking this school and more excited for what is to come. In a way, it also makes me feel better about living here because it allows me to know exactly when I'm leaving and helps me look farther than where I'm at right now. It also makes me feel like there is an end to this and that I have something to look forward to (graduation!).

In addition to that, I've been really active in doing more both in and off of campus. Since the new year, I've been very diligent in going to the schools gym and, in addition to that, I've also been getting more into yoga. A typical week looks like this:

MWF: Gym for an hour (I've recently gotten very interested with the machines and it seems like every day is leg day.)
TR: Yoga for an hour and a half (My favorite classes being vinyasa and meditative ones!)

I've found that since implementing these workouts into my schedule I feel happier and healthier. 

As far as the rest of this semester, I'm really going to try and get into Honolulu more and experience more of the surrounding area! In my next post I think I'll highlight more of what there is to do in the area, and perhaps even tell you guys what there is to do on Oahu this month! Personally I'm over all of the tourist-y things, and have been for quite some time, and I'm sure the rest of you are more curious to see what fun and exciting things there are to do on island!

Until next time,

Aislinn

Ps: look at how pretty the beach was today in Waikiki! 


You May Also Like

0 comments