Next Semester + Grade Update

by - November 28, 2017

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make this post to share the classes in which I have decided to take next semester. I have also decided to combine that with some other information-- an end of the semester grade update. It's been quite some time since I last talked about my classes in a more numerical sense, so I decided to write this post to do just that.


First, classes are definitely picking up. With only two weeks left in the semester, I'm at this point where all of a sudden teachers are realizing how little time is left and, to combat this, are assigning piles and piles of homework. For instance, I have a Korean essay, powerpoint, and vocab test all due this week. In Chinese I have two vocab tests, workbook homework, and a 500 word composition due. In oceanography I finished writing a 10 page paper but still have a powerpoint and lab to complete.


Of course, this is only the homework that is due. This doesn't even begin to explain how much work has been done during these classes and throughout the week as a whole. Naturally, with all of the work piling up, I'm going to catch myself overwhelmed and busier as the time goes on.


As far as classes go for next semester, I have decided to register for 17 credits. I know, I talked a lot about how 18 was "too much", but I think the reason I am less reluctant to take 17 is because the classes will be in areas of interest. For instance, I'm going to be taking Korean 102, Chinese Lang & Culture, Chinese Literature, International Relations, and quite possibly Chinese 302. With how this semester has gone, meaning how drained I am of Chinese both emotionally and mentally, the absolute last thing I want is to be taking another semester of Chinese with my current teacher. I do not have the same feeling for Chinese as I did in high school, or even this time last year, and for that I am sorrowful. But I'm not sorry. I tried my absolute best this semester, and very few people around me can say the same. Additionally, even fewer people around me can speak a second language, much less are learning one. I don't blame the language but I blame the teacher. I put in too much time and have reached a point where it seems futile to be trying this hard for a class that I feel I'm only going backwards in. 


As far as I'm concerned, next semester looks bright. I'm going to be in classes I enjoy, with a good schedule as far as time goes. I do have a 9am, but I actually would prefer it this way instead of having classes after noon. However, I still wasn't as fortunate because I have a pretty strict daily schedule of 9-4. 


I hope that, regardless of how my semester is going, that the rest of you are having an equally as eventful time in school. Once again we're in the homestretch!

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments