Favorite LUSH Products At The Moment

by - April 12, 2019

Hello everyone!

Inspired by my efforts to live a more green lifestyle, I have become quite a fan of the beauty and skincare store, LUSH. Today I wanted to talk about my favorite LUSH products and, hopefully, inspire you to try out some of them for yourself!

Cup O' Coffee

When I say this kicked off my obsession, I mean this kicked it off! The smell is amazing and the scrub itself works very well at riding your skin of dirt and grime. I love reaching for this after a long day, applying a thick layer on my face, and just taking in the coffeehouse smell. After each use I can attest that my skin has felt softer and looks more even, which is perhaps why I always try and apply a layer when I can tell I have a break out coming. I purchased my cup in January and there is still half left! I cannot recommend this mask enough. I like to do a mask on Sundays, before the week starts, and again on Wednesdays, when I'm halfway through the workweek. 



Montalbano Shampoo Bar

One word: legendary. The holy grail for girls with oily hair, this shampoo bar exceeded my expectations from the first use. My hair type is thin, flat, and oily, making for one heck of a look after a few days. Because of this I have become accustomed to washing my hair every day! I know, I know, you don't need to lecture me on why that's horrible for my hair, I already know. I just didn't know what else to do. So, in a moment of desperation, I decided to try a shampoo bar at LUSH. Maybe I was intrigued by the lack of packaging, maybe I was curious if the bar would hold up to it's claims. Whatever the reason, I went home with two samples; one of the Montalbano and one of the Honey I Washed My Hair. Simply put, the Montalbano actually did what it is supposed to do, whereas the other bar did what any other drugstore shampoo would do, mask the problem for a day and then require I wash again. If you have overly-oily hair, I cannot stress enough that you should go to the nearest LUSH and, at the very least, ask for a sample. From what I understand, each bar is made with natural, safe ingredients and can last up to 100 washes. That's over three months packed into such a tiny object! All I can say is that I am excited to go back and buy another one. 



Sleepy Lotion

Now that LUSH has successfully converted me into a believer of their shampoo bars and a fanatic of their coffee mask, it's only natural I would move onto my next sought-after item: lotion. You've heard me say time and time again how my skin is sensitive and even the slightest application of a lotion other than Hempz has my skin breaking out into what feels like flames. If you couldn't tell, I am very, very hesitant when it comes to buying lotions. I have heard great things about the Sleepy lotion but, given my skin, was too afraid to take the leap without trying some for myself. I will say that the lotion takes a while to absorb, but for the most part I enjoy putting some on my hands before bed and using it to help me unwind. One thing I do like is that the lotion isn't overtly lavender. Meaning that when you apply it you aren't slapped in the face with the fake lavender that some lotions have. The lavender Sleepy lotion is subtle and makes for a very relaxing, soothing feeling once on the skin. 






What do you think? Have I convinced you to try your hand at any of these products yet? Let me know if you use any of these or if there is a different product that you enjoy. Hope everyone is having a great week!

You May Also Like

0 comments