Boulder, Fort Collins, and Granby!

by - June 12, 2018

Hey everyone,

I have been up to quite a lot since we last talked! I have spent the weekend in Boulder, the day in Fort Collins, and a long weekend in Granby. Because I figured it easier to talk briefly about each place, instead of making three separate posts I'm going to cover them all in this one.


Let's start with Boulder!

Last weekend my mom, sister, and I went to Boulder with the hopes of meeting up with a family friend. While we were there, naturally, the plans fell through but we didn't let this stop us from taking advantage of the time we had left! We did, after all, drive an hour and a half to be there, so why not walk around and enjoy the nice weather?





Pearl Street is a place we're all rather familiar with, and so much of this evening was spent admiring more of the shops and their summer displays and less time spending money. It just so happened that while we were enjoying the town that it became golden hour, and soon everything turned a nice warm golden shade.





Moving on to Fort Collins..

For someone who loves to travel I think you would all be surprised to know that I've never been farther north than Boulder. Shocking, right? I guess it has a lot to do with never having been interested in going anywhere that far north, but this past Sunday was an exception.

Fort Collins is about two hours from where I live and about 30 miles from the Colorado and Wyoming border. After getting there, my parents and I decided to walk around Horsetooth Reservoir for a bit and then see what Old Towne is like.





With Colorado State being in the same town as Fort Collins, it's very clear that this is a very typical college town. Boulder is, too, but in it's own way. I would actually argue that Fort Collins is more of a college town, but is also a good place for families based on how many we saw there. Boulder is much more expensive, so I would bet that after graduation many students don't continue to live in Boulder, whereas I get the feeling many in Fort Collins do.




Now all about Granby!

Granby is west, at only about two hours and thirty minutes away from where I live. It's in-between Fraser and Winter Park, and can easily be mistaken as one of those "drive through" towns. There are plenty of hikes one can choose to do (We did Jim Creek as well as Monarch Lake) as well as plenty of lakes where one can fish, kayak, or swim. While we didn't do that, we did take advantage of the trails in the area and tried our hardest to see some wildlife.










Now that we're home, it almost feels strange to be leaving again. As I get ready for my next trip, I can't help but feel as if I'm not actually going. I don't really remember what Boston is like, so going reminds me of how I felt the first time I went to Hawaii. I can only hope that my time in Boston is like my time spent in the Rockies: relaxing yet packed with activities!


Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments