Being Home + Summer Plans

by - May 31, 2018

Hey everyone!

I've been home for three weeks now and felt it to be rather fitting that I share with everyone my plans for this summer and what I have done since being home! 

I want to start with the biggest things happening this summer. Typically I don't do much traveling just because my family is both big and busy. However I am lucky enough to be traveling not only in Colorado but to different states this summer. How exciting!

First my family and I are going to spend a long weekend in the mountains. Last summer, if you recall, we went to Vail and Breckenridge. This summer we're going to a place called Granby, near Fraser and Winter Park. We've only been to this part of the mountains once, so I think we're all pretty excited to go back and see what we can do-- this time in the summer. 

Second, I'm going to be flying to Boston later this month to spend a weekend with my cousin and uncle. I'm so excited to be going somewhere new to me and am not embarrassed at all to admit that I already have a pretty extensive itinerary moving forward. I've only been to Boston once and it was during middle school, so I'm really looking forward to going back and seeing everything again. 

Third is something that is small to many but huge to me: I got a haircut!

Pause. 

Yes, a haircut is something that many people find to be not that big of a deal, but would you still think that way when you found out how many inches I got taken off? That's right, I got a total of six inches cut and could not be happier with the way it turned out. Truth be told, short hair is something so liberating and is what I feel to be the best look for me. My first time I got my hair cut "short" was right before starting college, and while it was a complete accident, I would be lying if I said I didn't immediately fall in love with it. It was something I would not have chosen for myself, but is a look I get excited for every time I go to get my hair done (which is always before and after the school year). 


As you can see, I chopped quite a bit off! I love this length of hair and how healthy it looks, so odds are I'm going to go for this length after I return from studying abroad.

Now onto the smaller things!

One of the biggest smaller things (contradictory much?) is getting back into working. I'm not going to lie, this has been a really difficult transition for me because of how long it has taken as well as how difficult it has been to get in contact with management. Because of how tedious and frustrating this has been I have actually started applying to other places in hopes to have options. In the end I know things will work out, but I do wish that things would speed up so I could, at the very least, enjoy what I'm doing. 

Another smaller thing has been the updates regarding study abroad. While I had my reservations about going to China, I do think it's going to be a really fun experience. I was originally very nervous to be going and taking such an intense course load, but I have told myself that I want to, above all, enjoy myself and try and take in as much as I can while there. No, this doesn't mean I'm going to go out every night, and if I'm honest I don't plan on going out at all, but rather, I don't want to miss out or regret on doing or seeing anything. If I want to go to Shanghai Disney then I'm going to go to Shanghai Disney! If I want to spend an afternoon sipping on coffee inside the worlds largest Starbucks than I'm going to do just that. Shanghai is too big of a city not to explore and I cannot wait to share with everyone what I get up to while there. 

The third, and last small thing, was the satisfaction from finding out my grades from this past semester. First semester was my worst one yet, but I am proud of myself for picking myself off of the floor and sweeping my grades this semester. I got all A's and one B+, and could not be happier. This is my best gpa yet and feel so proud of myself. 

With all of this being said, I'm thankful to enjoy the time I have back home and look forward to three months of relaxation. 

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments