Top 5 Holy Grail Products I Recommend

by - June 14, 2018

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide what direction I want to take my blog in this summer, and I felt it only right to start with something I'm rather interested in: skincare. 

For those curious, I've always struggled with highly sensitive skin. Depending on the products I use, I can feel like my skin is on fire! This isn't just on my arms and legs but on my face as well. This is what makes shopping for skincare so difficult, because I can spend upwards of $20 on something that could very well make my skin feel like its engulfed in flames!

If I had to categorize my skin, I would say it's dry and sensitive. I don't suffer from acne, or redness, really, and don't have any problems with oily skin. Really, if it wasn't so dry in Colorado my only problem would be the difficulty that comes with finding the right products. In Hawaii my skin is great, but now that I'm home this isn't the case. In todays post I'm going to share my top five holy grail products that I use day-to-day, oftentimes twice a day. 

HOLY GRAIL ITEM ONE: DR. BELMEUR MOISTURIZER 

My first holy grail, and quite honestly my favorite, is the Dr. Belmeur moisturizer. I have found that this moisturizer is very gentle on the skin and is not oily in the slightest. The product itself is a bright white color and goes on very smoothly, and doesn't leave any white marks behind. It is fast absorbing and has a faint smell that is clean, not perfumed. The price is the biggest downside, as it can be upwards of $30 for one 4oz bottle. One application a day is enough for Hawaiian humidity, but in Colorado I've found that I have to apply it first thing in the morning and after my night routine. However, for as long as I've been using it (about 6 months) I haven't had to buy another bottle, so for that reason I can justify the price. 

https://www.theurbanumbrella.com/dr-belmeur-daily-repair-collection-review/
HOLY GRAIL ITEM TWO: SECRET KEY ALOE TONER

Secret Key is actually a brand that I was gifted with, not one that I found on my own. Because it was  a gift, I was hesitant to try it out simply because I wasn't sure how the product would react to my skin. It turns out that this toner is very compatible with my sensitive skin! In the past I've found toner to cause my skin to breakout (especially snail essence) but this toner has done the opposite of that. On the rare time that I do break out, this toner is gentle enough to not irritate the mark and cause any more damage. I use this product every morning after I cleanse my skin and find that it takes a little time to absorb into the skin, but a little goes a long way! The aloe isn't overbearing and the liquid is a clear color, not green, making me feel even more comfortable about what I'm putting on my skin. The price is also a good feature, as you're getting a lot for what you pay for! The bottle I have is about 10 ounces and can be purchased for $15. 



HOLY GRAIL ITEM THREE: COSRX LOW PH GOOD MORNING GEL CLEANSER 

A recent purchase that I can tell is going to be on my bathroom counter for years! I typically stick to either the Simple gel cleanser or the aloe cleanser from the face shop, but I recently decided to splurge and go with this cleanser instead. I don't regret it. I can't really tell you what it is about this product (is it the list of ingredients that I can't read? is it the simple packaging? is it the fancy title?) and we might never know, but I do know this: this product is a gel cleanser that foams immediately upon coming in contact with water. I know that dry skin is advised to stay away from foaming cleansers, and I can see why, because after drying my face it feels very tight. However, the cleanser has done what it says and doesn't overly irritate my skin and is a very refreshing choice for my morning routine. While it's a bit on the pricier side, at $11, I do believe that you get quite a lot of product. The gel itself is clear and the smell is a bit off-putting, but not to the point where you would want to discontinue use. It's not necessarily a bad smell, but just a different one. Perhaps its a more intense "clean" smell? Whatever it is, I've certainly never smelled anything like it.



HOLY GRAIL ITEM FOUR: THE FACE SHOP CALMING SUN CREAM 

Sunscreen is something of a necessity for those of us who live in Hawaii, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't still use it if you don't live on the island! Many different types of light can cause skin damage, and wearing sunscreen can help prevent more damage. I have some reservations when it comes to using Korean sunscreen, because I've found that many of them contain whitening ingredients and often leave a white residue. While the Nature Republic Soothing Sunscreen has some of these properties, I've found that it does a very good job of protecting my skin and cover up previous sun spots. I tend to use it sparingly, and while the bottle itself is only an ounce, it has lasted a good while. Because I don't like the white residue, I find that a little goes a long way with this product. After applying my moisturizer I will go back in with a few dots of sunscreen and call it good. This is especially good for those days at the beach, as it has never left my skin feeling burnt or red. This product has done amazingly at protecting my skin. 



HOLY GRAIL ITEM FIVE: REAL BARRIER EXTREME CREAM MASK

Holy moly is this one a favorite. Another product that I was gifted is this set of moisturizing face masks. Like I said, being home has caused my skin to dry out faster than when in Hawaii, so I will take anything I can to try and combat this. I've found these masks to have so much moisture that I can save the excess and use the remaining liquid for up to three days. The scent is very unique, it's clearly a very clean smelling mask, but the moisture gives it more of an herbal smell. What I love is that you can wear this mask for 15 minutes, 20 minutes, even 30 minutes, and still have a face covered in lotion. When I say to you that this mask is moisturizing, that is not an understatement! I used one while in Hawaii and found that my skin was baby smooth the next day, a little too moisturized to apply the leftover essence, but upon coming home I use the leftover as a morning and evening moisturizer. How cool?! You might see the price and be a bit turned off by the cost versus what you're getting ($25 for 5 masks) but keep in mind that these masks are chalk full of product and are very gentle on sensitive skin. In my eyes they're worth it. 




I hope you learned a little bit while reading this post. The unfortunate thing about having sensitive skin is that I don't get the luxury (or have the money to try) of experimenting with different products, but when I find a product that works I stick to it. These products have been tried and tested and I can confidently say that anyone, no matter the skin type, could use these products. For the record, I tend to shy away from western skin care, as I've found many brands value money over product, and the result will be a product full of hard-to-pronounce chemicals that leave my skin scarred and red. I prefer Korean skincare (and soon to be Chinese!) due to the fact that I admire the time they put into their products and have found them to be better for my skin overall. My advice is to stick to who you know and don't always try new products. Every once and a while a new cleanser is good, but make sure you check the ingredients and read up on those reviews! They will most definitely pay off in the long run. 

Until next time,

Aislinn 









You May Also Like

0 comments