Sunrises at the Beach

by - February 12, 2017

Hey guys,

Today I was finally able to do something that I had wanted to do for weeks!

I finally saw the sunrise at the beach!

I woke up this morning at 5:30 and met up with the others no later than 6. We walked down the road together and took the bus (number 19) straight to a place called "Diamond Head Beach Park". While it wasn't Waikiki, the beach we went to to is called Cromwell's. It's not my favorite beach, it's arguably my least favorite, but we were limited on beaches based on where the sun rises. However we did get some pretty pictures out of it, like the one below. 


I'm standing on black rock holding the rising sun. The time was 7:30 AM.

I would like to mention that we didn't exactly end up at the Cromwell's we were at last time. 

For some reason, and maybe it has something to do with who got us there, this time around we were not at the same spot as we were last time. Where we ended up today was a much rockier area where the tide was extremely high. Here are some pictures as proof:

The moon was really bright and looked amazing with the palm tree
The rocky part of the beach
We stopped here for a quick minute and then kept walking

I've posted about Cromwell's before, but it was a long, long time ago. I wouldn't recommend going here if you want to sunbathe or if you don't plan on fishing or surfing, as that's all anyone out there was doing. It's a nice spot to get away, as there's many locals that go to this beach, but not one I would go back to. 

This beach isn't all that bad, however. In fact there was a lot of coral here, which was really cool to look at. Some of the coral was white and some of it was a sandy color, and after talking about it with Bella (the marine bio major of our group) I learned that it was all dead. It's really sad, especially considering the amount of coral that's down there. 

Besides the dead coral, you will find coconuts, shacks for surfers, plenty of wild mongoose, and even a working lighthouse. 


After the sun had risen this is what the lighthouse looked like
Even though we were unable to officially see the sun rise I would still call this morning a success. It was very hard waking up as early as I did, but the pay off came in the form of spending time with the girls and being surrounded by the sea. The ocean is absolutely breathtaking in the morning, and is one of my favorite times to be at the beach. Few things compare to how lively the sea is when there's so little people outside! From taking our shoes and relocating them across the sand, to splashing us as we tried to balance on rocks, I absolutely love being at the beach in the mornings. I read something the other day about how much life the ocean has, and after this morning I have to agree. The only other way to describe how the beach was like would be calling her playful, or possibly even magical. 

It's weird thinking about it right now, because it seems like something that never happened. Or, if it did, than it's something that happened a long time ago. 

As always, I hope you have had a great weekend and are looking forward to a good week. 

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments