On Island Time

by - January 15, 2019

Hey everyone!

I can't believe how much time got away from me these past few weeks, it seems like I was just in Shanghai typing up blogposts for you and now I'm suddenly back in Hawaii starting the spring semester of my junior year!

First, I think it's good for me to reflect on the fall semester abroad. This would sort-of bring, to all of us, a sense of closure and allow me to more eloquently begin my postings regarding the spring. I want to, however, wait until I am in a better place academically before doing so. If you are interested in seeing a little bit more behind-the-scenes, I will leave a link to my instagram HERE where you can catch up on anything you might have missed. Carrying on...

---




Boy, is it good to be back! Being back in Hawaii feels so good, and it's not just because I can go around wearing shorts and not freeze to death, but mainly because I am back near the ocean and back in my element. After a busy winter break, consisting of 4 flights, three hotels, and numerous hours lost in TSA lines, I am breathing easy knowing that I'm back home for another few weeks.

Unlike last year, the weather here has been great. I distinctly remember weeks going by with just gray, cloudy skies. Well, needless to say there's only been one day similar to that, and all the rest have been bright and sunny. I cannot wait to get back to soaking up the sun at the beach.

This semester is my second to last semester here at UH, and I'm sure you're all going to think I'm crazy for taking 18 credits this spring, but truth be told it doesn't feel like I'm almost done. I think that by taking so many credits I'm almost forgetting that I will be done with school in a few months. 

Over the next few months I hope to bring you all around Oahu with me, as I will be making numerous trips to beaches, farmers markets, and more. Who's excited?! I know I am. 

Until next time, 


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. This sounds so exciting! Can't wait to read and see more from your trips and Hawaiian an life 🏖️

    ReplyDelete