China Walls

by - March 19, 2017

Hey everyone!

I finally made it to China Walls!!

I am so excited to share with you guys the pictures I took, but more importantly the experience I had at China Walls.

For the longest time I have been nearly begging my friends to go with me to China Walls. On this day Eric and I went a little after our classes ended on Friday. Located near Hanauma Bay, the Walls are some interesting rocks that are a popular cliff jumping spot for residents and tourists alike. I chose to jump off of a few, but opted out of jumping off some fairly high ones. I can jump off of Waimea just fine, but for some reason when I was at the Walls I just couldn't bring myself to jump off of the higher rocks. Maybe it was the reminder that this is a place where people have died, or maybe it was just nerves. Here are some pictures that don't do the area justice, but hopefully give you guys a better picture of what I'm talking about.

 


 





A glimpse at how clear the water was at times

A view of the rocks from the side, facing the mountains

I didn't end up jumping off one specific rock, it was about 30 feet high, but I have made it a goal of mine that when I go back I will jump off of that one rock that made me really nervous. 

I went with Eric who, after we swam for a bit and walked around looking at the entirety of the Walls, agreed that we should stay for the sunset and then get dinner. Naturally, the one cloud in the sky was directly over the mountain that the sun was going to set behind, so we didn't see much besides the changing colors of the sky. However, I can't complain. The atmosphere at the rocks was incredible. Dozens of people, old and young, just sitting and talking to one another as if we were all friends was something I've never really experienced since being here. The Walls are definitely a local hot spot, but it's clear some tourists were there, too. 

Once the sun had set we left and made our way out of the neighborhood and then off to get dinner. I can't remember the exact street, but for those curious as to where China Walls is specifically, I do remember that it's in a very nice neighborhood that you can access by walking in between houses. 

I hope you guys are having a relaxing weekend!

Until next time,

Aislinn

You May Also Like

0 comments